Students will share stories about themselves or people they know to convey the social values of recreational fishing and coastal recreational activities in Western Australia.
Students will require a copy of Student Worksheet: My fishing story.
- Hold a class discussion about recreational fishing and it’s importance to the Western Australian way of life for its social amenity and economic benefit to the community.
- Ask students to recollect and share some of their favourite stories and experiences about when they have been fishing or visiting the coast.
- Ask students to choose their favourite personal experience and complete Student Worksheet: My fishing story. Students my need to ask family and friends for some of these details including if a photograph can be sourced.
- Using the information collected on Student Worksheet: My fishing story ask the students to write a story based on this personal experience.
- Display students work in the classroom to generate discussion among the class.