This site is produced by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) and aims to provide comprehensive information about DPIRD and its services.
It has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- those with slower internet connections or less than state-of-the-art equipment
- rural and regional users.
This website strives to comply with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, in accordance with the WA Government Website Accessibility Policy.
A wide range of stakeholders were involved with testing the website for accessibility throughout various stages of development. We also commissioned an external accessibility audit to look at ways to enhance user experience.
The features on this website that make it more accessible include:
- being built using CSS/XHTML, which allows users to turn off style sheets and view the website content without graphics (easier for screen readers to decipher pages)
- buttons for resizing text
- skip links that take the user directly to the content of the page.
If you are having trouble accessing any of the pages or content within our website, please contact us on the details below.
If you have feedback on our accessibility features please contact us on the details below.