Students will study the most important marine habitats of Western Australia and their inhabitants.
- Early 3-6
- Late 3-6
PDF - 896.55 KB
- Gain knowledge of the diversity of marine habitats in Western Australia.
- Be able to describe different marine habitats and identify the animal species that inhabit that habitat.
- Understand the threats to different marine habitats.
- Be able to describe the benefits to the wider marine ecosystem of each habitat type.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Lesson Plan: Inhabiting Intertidal Rocky Shores
- Lesson Plan: Coral Reefs
- Lesson Plan: Home Sweet Home
- Lesson Plan: Habitat Protectors
- Presentation: Who Lives There?
- Article: Flowers of the Ocean: WA’s Expansive Seagrass Meadows
- Article: Limestone Kingdoms of Western Australia
- Article: Masters of adaptation
- Article: Rainforests of the sea
- Article: The world's simplest animals
- Fact Sheet: Seagrasses