Students will explore the effect of salinity and temperature on water density and mixing of seawater, in the context of understanding how seawater is circulated in the ocean through currents.
- Ocean Currents
- Late 3-6
PDF - 600.91 KB
- Demonstrate that saltwater is more dense than freshwater.
- Demonstrate that cold water is more dense than warm water.
- Demonstrate that water will create layers of different density.
- Investigate the density of different liquids.
- Understand that the differences in water density make water flow and create subsurface currents.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now