Students learn about the importance of reproduction and explore how aquatic animals have a diverse range of reproductive strategies to increase the chances of survival for their species.
- Fisheries Management
- Ocean Currents
- Recreational Fishing
- Late 3-6
PDF - 799.59 KB
- Understand the importance that reproduction plays in the cycle of life.
- Learn the difference between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Discover why aquatic animals can have different reproduction strategies to that of land-based animals.
- Understand the difference between internal and external fertilisation.
- Investigate how aquatic animals can utilise the properties of water for external reproduction.
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
(Other Organisation Resources)
- YouTube: Sponge Reproduction
- YouTube: Moonlight spawning of corals
- YouTube: Asexual reproduction (coral budding)
- YouTube: Animal mating rituals of giant cuttle fish in the blue Australian ocean waters - BBC wildlife
- YouTube: Fish Spawning Aggregation
- YouTube: The lifecycle of Barramundi
- YouTube: Grey Reef Sharks Mating
- Documentary: Wild Australia - An Underwater Love Story
- Website: Australian Museum, animals