Students will identify significant introduced marine species and investigate the impact to marine ecosystems and human infrastructure, specifically to Western Australia.
The Western Australian Museum provides the taxonomic capacity and ability to correctly identify species.
The Department of Fisheries is responsible for marine biosecurity in Western Australia.
- Food web
- Human Impacts
- Introduced Species
- Marine Biodiversity Management
- Late 3-6
PDF - 754.02 KB
- Define a pest species.
- Understand the threats of introduced marine species to marine ecosystems and human infrastructure.
- Recognise significant introduced marine species relevant to Western Australia.
- Acknowledge the community’s role in identifying pest species and reporting to management agencies.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Game: Pest Lineup
- Fact Sheet: Introduced Marine Species
- Article: Unwelcome Guests
- Article: A pest in time...
- Article: Codium confirmed
- Article: Invasion of the water snatchers
- Report: Introduced Marine Species of WA
- Vision: Aquatic Biosecurity Program
- Identifying Pest and Diseases
- Guide: Aquatic Invaders Identification
- Lesson Plan: Habitat Protectors
- Aquatic Biosecurity Program
- Freshwater Pest Fact Sheet: Indisctinct River Shrimp