In this series of lessons, students will learn the composition of the Earth, tectonic plates, convection inside the Earth, mid-ocean ridges and seafloor spreading.
- Earth Science
PDF - 3.02 MB
Over this series of lessons, students will:
- Be able to accurately name and describe the different layers in the Earth.
- Appreciate the relative thickness of the various layers relative to familiar objects such as a human being or the tallest building.
- Recognise that hot things rise and cold things sink.Describe and explain the process of convection.
- Have an understanding of convection currents.
- Understand that through a process of convection, magma surfaces through mid-ocean ridges and creates new seafloor.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now