Students will investigate methods that are used to estimate animal populations and acknowledge the need to consider variables and constraints that can affect the confidence of results and effectiveness of management.
- Fisheries Management
- Marine Science
- Late 3-6
PDF - 486.11 KB
- Apply different methods to estimate population size.
- Recognise variables and constraints in scientific investigations.
- Apply concepts of ratio and proportion.
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Article: Marking time... and distance...
- Article: Crashing the Parties
- Activity: Science of Sampling
- Fact Sheet: Black Bream
- Fact Sheet: Samson fish
- Vision: Mid-water BRUVs to study pelagic fish
- Vision: Underwater video of fish assemblages using baited cameras
- Vision: Baited underwater video from the Continental slope, Abrolhos Islands, WA