Students will explore the management of recreational fisheries in Western Australia and interpret local rules and regulations using Department of Fisheries’ publications and website.
- Fisheries Management
- Human Impacts
- Marine Science
- Recreational Fishing
- Late 3-6
PDF - 1.02 MB
- Be able to identify local recreationally important fish species.
- Be aware of different types of fisheries management regulations.
- Describe the need for a ‘Fish for the future’ philosophy.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Lesson Plan: Hook, Line and Sinker
- Lesson Plan: Planning a Safe Fishing Trip
- Lesson Plan: What's My Age Again?
- Presentation: Black Bream Otoliths
- Article: Pinks back from the Brink
- Article: It's Fishing Jim...
- Poster: Management for a Sustainable Future
- Recreational Fishing Rules
- Department of Fisheries YouTube Channel