Students will participate in a field excursion to investigate their local temperate or coral reef ecosystem.
- Coral Reef
- Indian Ocean Territories
PDF - 255.7 KB
- Make and record observations on the flora and fauna of the reef environment.
- Identify and classify marine plants and animals.
- Investigate the interactions occurring between reef inhabitants and their habitat.
- Understand the composition and range of diversity of plants and animals occurring in the reef environment.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Presentation: Discovering Coral Reefs
- Case Study: Monitoring Coral Bleaching on Christmas Island
- Poster: Who Goes with the Flow
- Poster: Coral Reef Communities
- Poster: Living Limestone Reefs
- Article: Expanding Our Knowledge of Ningaloo
- Article: Race Against Time to Save Coral Reefs
- Article: A Reef of Data
- Article: Assessment of Human Activity Impacts on Abrolhos Reefs
- Article: Limestone Kingdoms of Western Australia
- Article: Rainforests of the Sea
- Lesson Plan: Coral Reefs