In this series of lessons, students will read a variety of different articles that have been published in Western Fisheries and use this information to construct an exposition that encourages the protection of the marine environment.
- Fisheries Management
- Human Impacts
- Recreational Fishing
- Early 3-6
- Late 3-6
PDF - 565.79 KB
- Learn about the current management of four different aspects of the marine environment.
- Develop an understanding of four different marine management issues – demersal scalefish, nearshore species, coral reefs and sea wrack.
- Learn about expositions and learn how to structure an exposition to persuade an audience.
- Use their knowledge of the above marine issues to create an exposition to encourage the sustainability of these organisms.
- Take responsibility for composing, editing and refining their written text.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Article: Race against time to save coral reefs
- Poster: Sea Wracks
- Article: C'mon and embrace the smell
- Poster: Demersal scalefish
- Poster: Nearshore for sure
- Article: Looking after our nearshore fish stocks
- Report: State of the Fisheries
- Fact Sheet: Pink Snapper
- Fact Sheet: Australian Herring
- Fact Sheet: Baldchin Groper
- Fact Sheet: West Australian Dhufish
- Fact Sheet: Western Blue Groper