Students will investigate the formation and biology of coral reefs and the diversity of life they support. Students will also understand threats to the health of coral reefs.
- Coral Reef
- Human Impacts
- Indian Ocean Territories
- Marine Science
- Early 3-6
PDF - 1.27 MB
- Demonstrate how coral reefs form.
- Understand the biology of corals.
- Recognise the importance of coral reefs in the marine ecosystem.
- Identify threats to coral reefs around the world.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Presentation: Discovering Coral Reefs
- Lesson Plan: Getting to Know Your Reef
- YouTube: Survival in the Sea
- Poster: Coral Reef Communities
- Case Study: Monitoring Coral Bleaching on Christmas Island
- Article: A Reef of Data
- Article: Limestone Kingdoms of Western Australia
- Article: Rainforests of the Sea
- Article: Race Against Time to Save Coral Reefs
- Article: Assessment of Human Activity Impacts on Abrolhos Reefs
- Article: Expanding Our Knowledge of Ningaloo
- Lesson Plan: Sex in the Sea