Students will learn how research on the Western rock lobster contributes to the management of the fishery.
- Commercial Fishing
- Fisheries Management
- Indian Ocean Territories
- Rock lobster
PDF - 1.13 MB
- Learn the life cycle of the western rock lobster.
- Gain knowledge of the recreational and commercial western rock lobster fisheries.
- Understand the management controls of the commercial western rock lobster fishery.
- Understand the sampling technique used by Department of Fisheries research staff to sample puerulus.
- Recognise the correlation between puerulus counts and the rock lobster catch.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
To download this resource, you must be logged in. Not a member? Registration is free!Register Now
(Department of Fisheries Resources)
- Youtube: POTBots track lobsters...
- Poster: Western Rock Lobster Life Cycle
- Fact Sheet: Western Rock Lobster
- Report: Integrated Fisheries Management - Western Rock Lobster
- Report: Environment Management Strategy - Western Rock Lobster
- Report: Low puerulus settlement risk assessment
- Report: Stock assessment for West Coast Rock Lobster Fishery
- Report: State of the Fisheries
- Discussion Paper: Licensing and allocation under a new management plan for the West Coast rock lobster managed fishery
- Article: Looking for lobsters
- Article: Western rock lobster fishery trends
- Article: Between a rock lobster and a hard place
- Article: The hunt for missing puerulus
- In depth: Living with the Leeuwin